Pass any virtualization exam and receive a complimentary TechNet Subscription*!
*NOTE: First 1,000 people only. Registration is required.
1. Register for this offer – http://www.prometric.com/microsoft/virtualization
a. Select an exam voucher or exam voucher pack (single exam or up to 3 exams)
i. Valid on virtualization exams only
b. Provide your details (name, address, email, etc.)
2. Use your voucher code to register for your first exam
3. Take and pass any virtualization exam between March 1 and June 30th – 70-652, 70-659, 70-669, or 70-693
4. Receive your TechNet subscription not later than July 15th ( FIRST 1,000 ONLY)
MORE INFORMATION ON VIRTUALIZATION BENEFITS:
This offer is available worldwide.
With support for new features of Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1
- Dynamic Memory: Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1 Hyper-V supports Dynamic Memory enabling customers to better utilize the memory resources of a Hyper-V host. VMM 2008 R2 SP1 allows administrators to create and deploy Virtual Machines onto Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1 Hyper-V hosts and will report on the memory currently in use for these VMs where Dynamic Memory is enabled. Using Dynamic Memory for supported VMs allows for more efficient utilization of memory, with consistent performance, and higher consolidation ratios.
- Microsoft RemoteFX: Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1 introduces a new set of end user experience enhancements with Microsoft RemoteFX. VMM 2008 R2 SP1 allows administrators to create and deploy Virtual Machines with RemoteFX enabled to qualified Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1 Hyper-V hosts. This enables a rich, local-like desktop environment over the network.
Now that you installed SP1 on Hyper-V/Windows 2008 R2 servers, you should upgrade the Integration Services in all virtual machines or have the SP1 installed on the VM’s also.
To do this using the Virtual Machine Manager, connect to the VM :
1. Click in ACTION,
2. Click Insert Integration Services Setup Disk
3. Click Install Hyper-V Integration Services
4. Click OK, when a message informing about a previous installation show.
To check the Integration Services version, look at the Driver version of the Microsoft Virtual Machine Bus Network Adapter in Device Manager