Device Management with the NEW System Center Configuration Manager
Microsoft announced a new release (version 1511) of System Center Configuration Manager and Endpoint Protection.
This release provides key new capabilities:
- Comprehensive support for Windows 10, giving you multiple options to deploy, update, and manage Windows 10 in the way that makes sense for your business:
- It enables “in-place upgrade” to move systems from Windows 7, 8, or 8.1 directly to Windows 10 much faster than before.
- It enables IT to keep Windows 10 devices up-to-date and get a better insight into the Windows 10 deployments with new configurable deployment rings and the servicing dashboard as well as identify devices that are managed via Windows Update for Business.
- More frequent and easier to install updates.
- More choice for managing Windows devices: now, you can use ConfigMgr to manage Windows 10 devices via MDM directly, without needing to store data in the cloud.