End of support for Windows Vista SP1.
Upcoming end of support announcement
Windows Vista Service Pack 1 (SP1) will reach the end of support on July 12, 2011. From that date onward, Microsoft will no longer provide support or free security updates for Windows Vista Service Pack 1 (SP1). In order to stay secure and continue support you must upgrade to Service Pack 2 (SP2).
Products no longer supported
- As announced in 2008, support for Windows XP Service Pack 2 (SP2) ended on July 13, 2010.
- Also announced in 2008, support for Windows 2000 ended on July 13, 2010.
- Support for Windows Vista Release to Manufacturing (RTM) ended April 13, 2010.
Important: There is no Service Pack 3 for a 64-bit version of Windows XP. If you are running a 64-bit version of Windows XP with Service Pack 2, you are on the latest service pack and will continue to be eligible for support and receive updates until April 8, 2014.
To find out if you are running a 64-bit version of Windows XP :
- Right-click My Computer, then click Properties.
- If you do not see “64-bit” listed, then you are running a 32-bit version and you need to install Service
- If “64-bit” is listed under System, then you are running a 64-bit version.)